Friday, September 7, 2012

Just Enjoying Prague

So a whole week in Prague.

What I ended up doing is getting in touch with some locals to play some tennis. I knew that on this trip I had to get some tennis on European red clay in, but the first day playing in Prague, I was honestly going to throw up after a half an hour! The heat got to me. I think with the amount of travelling and not drinking enough water did me in. Hitting on clay is extremely tiring! Not only do you have to make a ton of adjustments to get into the right position to hit the ball, but also the bounces are so slow that points last a LOT longer!



The guy that I first hit with played like a backboard. He was consistently getting the ball back in play, without any pace, therefore it was a nightmare of a match up for me, the counterpuncher!



Needless to say, he won. He was more consistent and without any pace, I was doomed! I guess this just informed those that play with me what he or she can do to throw me off my game, but honestly, who thinks tennis without any pace is fun?! If that's your game, may I introduce you to the sport of curling?

The second guy that I hit with had a bit more pace, but without much consistency. His tactics to throw me off my game is to place me on the side where there was a puma cat in a cage behind me. For those that was as confused as I was, yes a puma by definition on wikipedia is also a cougar!

The guy casually informs me, "oh do you see that puma cat there?" I replied "Excuse me?", not quite understanding what he was saying with his accent. This went on a few more exchanges until he walked over to my side of the court, points out that theres a cougar sitting in the tree growling every few minutes watching our game. I guess the Czechs prefer cougareye to do the reply and make the calls.

Aside from enjoying some tennis here in Prague, the food was also quite enjoyable!

My favourite here is the garlic soup! What's not to like?! Garlic, good. Cheese, good. Croutons, good. Soup..... GOOD!



Our next stop, Krakow Poland!

No comments:

Post a Comment