Monday, August 13, 2012

Amazing Race Moment

So this time, on the right date and the right time, we checked out of our hotel in Amsterdam, but only to arrive at the WRONG train station with 25 minutes before the departure time of the train! The lady at a booth informed me that the station was quite far away, and when asked if I could catch a cab to get there on time, she chuckled, but you know it was a chuckle implying "You're crazy", then said "No".
She then went on about how I should catch the 10:56 train to get to the actual train station, but what she forgot is our train leaves at 10:58!

I have to say, I kept it classy. I simply thanked her, and went on Amazing Race mode and jumped in a cab telling the cab driver "Hurry, we have a train to catch!". I am not sure what came over me but we had 25 minute to get to the South Station, which the cab driver said will take about 20 minutes to get to.

Of course, we hit all the red lights on the way.

This was the first time I sat in an Audi cab but I did NOT get to enjoy it! The whole time I was looking at my watch, and looking out the window trying to identify something that I have no idea what it looks like!

Once we arrived, with 5 minutes to spare, Matt paid the driver as I jumped out the cab, I grabbed all our bags, one on my pack, two in my arms and I started to run! Adrenaline was kicking in, but within a few metres, I realized, I could not carry all the bags, as I slowed, Matt grabs his own bag, and we ran. As fast as we could, we arrived on the platform, with a few minutes to spare.

By far, the most intense morning so far!

Note to self, and to everyone else travelling through, check the train stations! Sometimes the central station is not always the one to take you out of town even if you arrive there to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment